Thank you for coming to visit me on my website.
Losing a tooth is very special as it means you are growing up and you are ready for a new tooth. It’s very important to look after both your baby teeth and your adult teeth so they are strong and healthy. Healthy, shiny teeth are my favourite thing to collect.
- Brush your teeth at least twice a day
- Floss your teeth at least once a day
- Eat lots of fruit and vegetables and not too many lollies or snacks
- Make sure you visit your friendly dentist every 6 months
I’ve put together some colouring in sheets and activities so you can have even more fun learning all about your mouth! Ask an adult to print some out for you.
And you can watch my video about visiting the dentist.
The Tooth Fairy
Fun Teeth Facts
- I like to collect shiny, white, pearly teeth when I visit you, so your baby ones that fall out tend to be smaller and whiter than the adult teeth that you’ll have forever.
- Your teeth like to stay together and grow in pairs – one on the left and one on the right.
- The average human produces almost 25,000 litres of saliva in a lifetime, nearly enough to fill two swimming pools! Saliva helps keep your teeth strong by washing away nasty sugar bugs between cleans.
- Human tooth enamel is the hardest part of the body. Brushing your teeth twice a day will keep it stays nice and strong!
- Did you know girls usually get their teeth before boys?
- Teeth are valuable! In fact one of Sir Isaac Newton’s teeth once sold for $35,700 – so make sure you look after yours.
- Toothbrush bristles were originally made from the hair of animals, including cows, hogs, horses and badgers.